Usually scheduled the week before classes begin.
Please contact Shelley Urchek, email@example.com if you need more information.
Convocation serves many different purposes.
- This is an opportunity for the faculty at both facilities to assemble collegiately at the beginning of the semester as a unified institute of higher learning.
- Faculty are in service under a single mission and committed to sharing information about the conditions and climate into which they will be working to fulfill that mission.
- Convocation sets the tone and serves as an inspiring opening to the work that is accomplished in the coming semester.
- Convocation serves as a recognition of previous work accomplished, a sharing of knowledge and expertise in different specialties and disciplines.
- It's a time to build and strengthen professional relationship at convocation, as well as welcoming new colleagues.