Many courses can be taken online through Geauga Campus and the Regional Academic Center. Instructors use Blackboard to house their courses. For more information about Blackboard, click here: http://www2.kent.edu/blackboard/index.cfm
Is online learning right for you? If you answer "yes" to at least 7 of these questions, then online learning is the right path to take. If you need to strengthen these skills, please talk with an advisor.
- Do you have (or are you willing to obtain) access to a computer and phone line at home?
- Do you feel that high-quality learning can take place without having face-to-face interaction?
- Can you dedicate 4 to 6 hours a week (anytime during the day or night) to participate in the learning process?
- Are you a self-motivated and self-disciplined person?
- When it comes to schoolwork and deadlines, do you plan your time accordingly?
- Are you comfortable communicating in writing?
- Do you enjoy reading?
- Are discussion forums helpful to you?
- Are you comfortable with email, computers, and new technologies?
- Are you successful learning independently?