Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Transfer Students




The following information provides guidance to assist with the financial aid process if you plan to transfer to Kent State University from another institution.

1) If you have already completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), make sure that you have listed Kent State University as one of the colleges or universities to receive the results of the form. If you have not, then please add it to your FAFSA

If you have been awarded a Federal Stafford or Federal Direct Loan (subsidized or unsubsidized), or Federal Parent loan, contact your lender or servicer to cancel the remaining disbursements and obtain a deferment form. Contact the financial aid office at your institution for loan exit information.

3) If you have been awarded a Federal Perkins Loan, notify the financial aid office at your current institution of your plans to transfer and obtain a deferment form. A loan exit interview will be required.



If you are a Kent State University student and will be taking classes at another university, and would like to use your financial aid, you will need to complete an Ad Hoc Consortium Agreement.

If you are a visiting student to Kent State University and would like to be considered for financial aid, please contact your home school's financial aid office to determine if they will award you financial aid.  If your home school will not award you financial aid, but are willing to participate in a consortium agreement with Kent State University, you will need to complete an Ad Hoc Consortium agreement for non-Kent State University students

***Transient paperwork must be completed one semester prior to enrollment of the visited institution, and must be completed for each semester you will be a transient student.