Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Transfer Student Admission

A Transfer Student is one who is enrolled in any college, university, technical, or proprietary school since graduating from high school, but who has not completed a Bachelor's degree.  

Transfer Students checklist (for printable checklist please click here):


  • Complete an online application or call 440-834-4187 (Geauga) or 330-888-6400 (Twinsburg) to request a paper application by mail


  • Pay the non-refundable $40 application fee


  • Have transcripts from all schools attended after high school (even if you think the credits will not transfer) sent to:

Kent State University at Geauga, Admissions
14111 Claridon-Troy Road
Burton, Ohio 44021

 *Please note that all application materials become property of Kent State University and are not returnable or transferable

 Unless you have earned an Associate's or Bachelor's degree, you will also need to contact your high school and request an official copy of your high school transcript to be sent to Kent State University at Geauga at the above address


  • Although not a requirement, we encourage students to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) online at This is used to consider your eligibility for all federal financial aid programs (grants and loans). Please refer to our Financial Aid section for more information


  • If you have not successfully passed (C or better) college level English and/or Math, you will need to schedule a COMPASS assessment for placement in English and Reading courses and the ALEKS for Math placement. More information about both tests are located here; also included are the dates and times these tests are available to be taken and a sample COMPASS test


  • After taking the tests, schedule an advisor appointment at Burton (440-834-4187) or Twinsburg (330-888-6400)


  • Start working toward your degree!


If you have any questions regarding the admissions process, call 440-834-4187 (Burton), 330-888-6400 (Twinsburg), or