JOIN THE KENT STATE UNIVERSITY
GEAUGA CAMPUS REGIONAL ALUMNI GROUP
- Serve as an educational resource for current Geauga Campus and Regional Academic Center students.
- Provide professional opportunities through internships and externships and similar programs for current students and alumni.
- Improve alumni visibility throughout the campus communities.
- Improve interaction between alumni and current students.
- Provide financial assistance for scholarships.
- Serve as a resource for promoting Kent State University and Kent State University at Geauga and the Regional Academic Center to the surrounding communities.
Any Kent alumni whose interests are more strongly affiliated with the Geauga Campus or the Regional Academic Center, or who live or work in Geauga or Summit counties, are welcome to join.
The Geauga Regional Alumni Group shall be governed by an executive body of officers and a board of directors composed of not less than 10 active, dues-paid members of the Kent State University Alumni Association. Terms of tenure will be two years.
The Alumni Group shall elect a President from among its membership, who shall serve for two years. The chapter shall also elect other officers as deemed appropriate to the functioning of the organization.
President Melissa Procop
Vice President Sheila Williams
Treasurer Nicholas Giardina
Secretary Juliann Hostutler
Current Board Members:
Listing of Meeting Dates, Times, and Locations
All meeting will be held at the Burntwood Tavern in Chagrin Falls at 5:30 p.m.
- March 5, 2014
- June 4, 2014
- September 3, 2014
Events Planned in 2014
- January 10, 2014: Opening Ceremony for the 50th Anniversary Celebration at Kent State University's Geauga Campus
- February 13, 2014: Kent State University Basketball game against the Akron Zips- at the Kent Campus
- July 10, 2014: Cleveland Pops Concert at the Geauga Campus
- November 7, 2014: Dinner Dance at the Club at Hill Brook