Room Reservations & Events
Policy and Guidelines for Facility Reservations at Kent State University at Geauga
Kent State University at Geauga has several on-campus spaces available for use by student organizations, campus administration and community groups -listed on the Event Management and Communications Form. There is currently no charge for non-profit community groups. Reservations should be made well in advance of the event date.
How to make your reservation:
1. Call the campus reception desk at 440-834-4187 to make reservations for any room or grounds facility use.
2. All reservations should be made at least 2 weeks before the month that the event is scheduled to take place.
3. Date approval does not mean event approval. You will need to go to our website and complete the Event Management and Communications Form.
4. You can either scan and email the form to GEARAC-EVENTS@kent.edu or deliver it to the reception desk in a clearly marked envelope.
5. You will be contacted once the reservation is confirmed.
Can I have food at my event?
You can have food at your event. On the Event Management and Communications Form, there is a place to give specifics on food delivery or catering.
How do I reserve a room?
You will first need to confirm availability by calling the reception desk. Students requesting rooms and/or tables are responsible to make sure their reservation request has been approved prior to the event. A reservation should not be considered "firm" until the Events Team approves the room request.
- No sales or solicitations are permitted.
- No admission fees can be charged for meetings or events within the facility or on the grounds.
Restrictions for Use
- Furniture in classrooms and common areas must be returned to its proper arrangement by the event organizers. If help is required, please state this on the Event Management and Communications Form.
- After 5:00 pm, the person who reserved the room is responsible for securing it by turning off lights and equipment, as well as for closing all windows and doors.
- Buildings may not be available at certain dates or times based on sustainability measures or for maintenance upgrades.
Disclaimer and Liability
Kent State University at Geauga Security, the Event Team and the Facilities Management Office reserve the right to move an event, to cancel an event that disrupts the educational, research, or administrative functions of the university, and for emergency maintenance related situations. Kent State University at Geauga is responsible for the quality of its classroom facilities and reserves the right to deny request privileges. Kent State University at Geauga spaces are used at the sponsors’ own risk. Users will be held responsible for the condition of the room and all furniture and equipment within. Kent State University at Geauga is not responsible for damage or loss of personal effects or personal equipment, nor injury to users or participants.
For questions or comments about the policies for Kent State University at Geauga classroom and common space, call 440-834-3749.