Would you like to gain exposure in your area of expertise through
Kent State University at Geauga or the Regional Academic Center?
Would you like to accomplish this through community speaking engagements?
If so, you will want to participate in the newly created Kent State Geauga/RAC Speakers’ Bureau and Mentoring Group.
Here is what you need to know:
We have created a LinkedIn group
The group consists of board members, faculty members, and community people with an interest in public speaking.
This platform facilitates as a tool so that we can best match particular interests with any requests we receive or topics we generate.
Many of the engagements will be scheduled in classrooms, on-site meetings, and for various community groups.
How to Enroll:
Request to join the group on Linkedin.
How You Will Be Contacted:
When you are the best match for a speaking engagement, you will be contacted via linkedin.
Thank you for your interest. If you have any questions, please contact Carol Gardner at 440-834-3755 or firstname.lastname@example.org
KENT STATE UNIVERSITY at Geauga and the Regional Academic Center Speakers’ Bureau
PURPOSE:The main goal of the Speakers Bureau is to provide lectures, workshops, and guest presentations to organizations and businesses free of charge. Not only does a Speakers Bureau give faculty, staff, and administrators a way to share their expertise and build good will with the community, but it serves as a way to expose the community to the intellectual offerings provided by the university.
- Consistent with the purpose outlined above, those selected as experts should be well qualified to comment on specified topic areas
- Expertise is demonstrated through a combination of education, professional experience, publications, presentations and present job duties (person should be active/current in his or her research field)
- Your LinkedIn profile will highlight your areas of expertise and qualifications
- Obtain interaction from faculty and staff, board members and community people
- Demonstrate importance of such a media tool to faculty and staff
- Use information obtained on research projects, grants and publications to enable proactive approach to media by gaining ability to pitch stories or respond to current issues in a variety of fields
- Use information obtained to easily reference sources for topics needed by media and other groups
- Use as source for civic and/or professional groups needing speakers