Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

How do I?

Apply for Admission

You can apply online  for admission to Kent State University at Geauga and Regional Academic Center.  In fact, it's never been easier to apply!  New freshman, transfer and post undergraduate students are invited to use the electronic application for admission.  For a paper application, contact the Geauga Campus's Admissions Office at 440-834-4187 or the Regional Academic Center's Admissions Office at 330-888-6400. 

Apply for Financial Aid

The most important step is to simply apply using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  Also, begin and continue to search and apply for scholarships.  To apply for Scholarships at Kent State University, visit our scholarship page by clicking here , or click here for our online scholarship qualifier.  Also explore other forms of scholarship opportunities here.

Apply for Summer 2014 Financial Aid

The application for summer financial aid is separate from the academic year 2013-2014 FAFSA.  Please see the Summer 2014 Financial Aid Information regarding filing for summer financial aid.  Questions can be directed to Donna Holcomb at or 440-834-4187.  

Get to Kent Geauga

Map of Geauga
Map of Twinsburg 

Get My Grades

Final grades are reported at the close of each academic term and become a part of your permanent record. You may check your final grades on FlashLine at

Find out more about the Registrar's Office

The Kent State University Registrar's office is responsible for all scheduling, including adding, dropping, and changing classes. For more information, go to

Locate Someone at Kent State University

To locate a student, staff or faculty member at the Kent State University and its Regional Campuses, use the online directory of students, faculty and staff. This directory is updated daily and provides the most comprehensive listing of people at Kent State. The directory can be found when you log into Flashline. It's on the top right section of the home page.

Find the Mailing Address

When mailing application materials (transcripts, etc.), use the following address:

Kent State University Geauga Campus
14111 Claridon-Troy Road
Burton, OH  44021

Get Parking Information

Parking at the Geauga Campus and Regional Academic Center  is free of charge.

Register for Classes

The following is some general information on registration.  Please read this information carefully.  Register for classes online:

  • Students who are not officially registered for a course by published University deadlines should not be attending classes and will not receive credit or a grade for the course.
  • You must register and make payment of fees before you attend classes.
  • Register for classes or adjust your schedule using FlashLine  during the scheduled registration periods.
  • For Fall or Spring classes, students are assigned a priority preregistration time which determines when they may preregister for their classes (there is no priority entry schedule for Summer registration).  After the preregistration period expires, entry is open to all eligible students at the same time.  

Also, visit the Registrar's page for more information

Get a Transcript

Copies of your academic transcript are available at no charge, by requesting them in one of the following ways: 

  • Come in to the Office of the University Registrar Service Counter, Room 108 Michael Schwartz Center (with a photo ID), to place your request. 
  • Mail a request to: Kent State University, Office of the University Registrar, P.O. Box 5190, Kent, OH 44242-0001, with the information noted below.
  • FAX a request to: 330-672-3867, with the information noted below.
  • Access  FlashLine at .  On the Student Services page, under the 'Submit Requests For' subheading, click the 'Official Academic Transcript' to access the Transcript Request form.

***Information Required for a Transcript Request: The student's current name and address, any former name(s), student ID (social security number), dates of attendance, campus(es) attended , the address(es) where the transcripts are to be mailed, and the student's written signature.

Visit the Registrar's page for more information: Office of the University Registrar - Kent State University

Buy Books

Kent State Geauga currently provides textbooks through Follett.  You can access their online bookstore.  If you wish to purchase your books on Kent Campus, please call (330)672-2762 to obtain current operating hours.

Get My Cap and Gown

Caps and Gowns may be ordered from the Bookstore.  Announcements may also be ordered from the Bookstore.  Caps and Gowns are optional EXCEPT for Ph.D. candidates. No one may be hooded without a robe.

The purchase price of a bachelor's gown, cap and tassel is approximately $25, plus tax.

The purchase price of a master's gown, cap, tassel and hood is approximately $57 without tax ($61.42 plus tax(. All academic apparel is available at the University Bookstore 330-672-2762. The academic apparel is optional for undergraduate and master's degree candidates.

General INFO and TIPS for FAFSA


  • Federal tax forms (IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ).
  • W-2 Forms and other records of money earned.
  • Records of untaxed income, such as welfare, social security, AFDC, ADC, or veterans' benefits.
  • Current bank statements.
  • Business and farm records.
  • Records of stocks, bonds, and other investment values.
  • Student's drivers license and social security card.


  • Apply as soon as possible after January 1 of the current year at the FAFSA website
  • Kent State University must RECEIVE your results prior to March 1st for you to receive priority consideration.

All students planning to attend the Geauga Campus must list the Title IV code (#003059). It must be followed by the Kent Campus Title IV code (#003051) on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Start a new organization

The following are the steps to take in order to create a new student organization:

  1. Meet with the Student Activities Coordinator to discuss in detail the necessary steps to become a registered student organization. These requirements include:
    1. Each organization must have at least 5 officers or contact members who are registered students enrolled for at least 3 credit hours with a minimum of 2.25 cumulative GPA.
    2. Each organization must have an advisor. This can be a full-time or part-time faculty or staff member.
    3. Each organization must have a complete constitution.
    4. The organization must complete the registration form. Information on this form includes:
      1. Name of the organization, organization's campus address, phone number, and the organization's e-mail and/or web address.
      2. Names, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and student ID numbers of five officers or contact members.
      3. Name, address, phone number, and e-mail address of the advisor.
      4. Meeting time and place.
      5. Description of the organization.
  2. After meeting with the Student Activities Coordinator, the organization may use space up to two times in any of the buildings on campus to recruit members and promote the organization.
  3. Complete necessary information is contained in the new student organization registration packet. This packet includes an activation form, expectations of student organizations, and a sample constitution.
  4. Return completed packet to the Student Activities office. Be sure the Student Activities Coordinator reviews the packet to ensure it's complete. You are encouraged to meet with the Student Activities Coordinator as often as needed to learn about policies, procedures, and other helpful information.
  5. Any changes to officers, advisors, or meeting day/time should be given to the Student Activities Coordinator within 30 days of the change. Change in Organization Information forms are available from the Student Activities Office and should be completed when any of these changes occur.

Benefits of Becoming a Registered Student Organization  

  1. The ability to receive funding from Undergraduate Student Senate or Student Activities Office.  
  2. The availability of mailbox space in the Classroom Administration Building.
  3. The opportunity to utilize office space.
  4. The ability to advertise events on designated bulletin boards with the Student Activities Coordinator's approval.
  5. The ability to utilize room space for meetings and events.
  6. Help from your Student Activities Coordinator with programming, event forms, advice, etc.
  7. The ability to have your organization and events listed on the campus web page ( and campus event calendar.

Log into Flashline

To access Flashline:

Log onto Geauga Campus Computers

To get access to the computers at the Geauga Campus, you must first complete and sign an Acceptable Use Policy, which can be obtained from the Computer Center, Main Office, or Library.  Upon completion, you will have access to computers at the Geauga Campus.